Anti-Racism Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://arc21.forumotion.com

Day 11 Description Empty Day 11 Description

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:53 am
In 2017, Georgetown Law’s Center on Poverty and Inequality published a pivotal report, Girlhood Interrupted: The Erasure of Black Girls’ Childhood. Using statistical analysis to assess the sentiments adults hold for Black girls, researchers found that adults believe that Black girls as young as 5 years old "…need less nurturing, protection, support and comfort than white girls of the same age." In "How Black Girls Aren't Presumed to Be Innocent," The Atlantic's Adrienne Green reviews the study and its implications that bias robs Black girls of their innocence and childhood joy.
READ: How Black Girls Aren’t Presumed to Be Innocent (June 29, 2017 | 9 min)

In her perspective piece, "My Daughter Reminded Me Black Joy Is a Form of Resistance," Tracey Michae'l Lewis-Giggetts shares the surprising moment of peace she experienced amid a pandemic wrecking Black communities and social unrest at the urgency to protect Black lives.
READ: My Daughter Reminded Me Black Joy is a Form of Resistance (June 19, 2020 | 8 min)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum